How the pandemic has taken a toll on children

The evening sky was lovely, the birds were chirping and cold breeze was blowing.  I had gone out for a walk.  I came across a little girl who was taking a stroll with her mom. I waved my hand from afar. The little girl's face became pale, her mom waved back but the girl looked like she had just seen a ghost in bright daylight. Her mom pestered her to wave back at me but she continued to glare at me like I came to kidnap her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playing outdoors, chasing butterflies, making paper boats in the rain and cycling around is what everyone's childhood is about. But fate had different plans for the genz. Two years of their childhood was taken away by the Coronavirus. It has given us quality time with our parents and and it has effected every one of us in one way or another. We have had many advantages, we reconnected with our school friends, picked up new hobbies, acquired new skills. All this sounds amazing but have you thought about the 5 to 10 year old kids? Isn't this the age where they mingle with everyone, learn different things in school and have fun? The playgrounds were left empty, the benches were not sat upon, the classrooms missed the children's lovely laughter. Who thought we would witness such a tragedy? The corona virus has changed our lifestyle, social distancing has become a part of our life and how could I forget the mask?!

Kids now don't go to school, they learn everything from home ,sounds good but how will they learn cooperating with their peers? how will they learn what sharing is? how will they get accustomed to this new normal?

Perhaps we could conduct a zoom meeting and help them >_<


Popular posts from this blog

Freedom of Press in India

It ends with us